Posts Tagged Obama
Written on Thursday, October 4, 2012 by Chris Gadsden
- Czars: In a move that stinks of the USSR, one of obama’s first actions was to appoint more than 30 individuals to control various aspects of American society. While no such appointments were ever allowed in the Constitution or Founding Documents, obama steamrolled the other branches of government and established his puppets in power.
- Non-Recess Appointments: Contrary to law and established Congressional procedures, obama appointed union crony Richard Cordray and other union thug attorneys to the NLRB with no Congressional approval, though they were in session.
- Auto Union Bailout: As a payoff/bribe to unions, obama guided the auto union bailout of GM and Chrysler. While proof has recently arisen to show non-union employees were left out in the cold, taxpayer money was used to prop up auto unions, even going so far as to ignore other creditors and give those unions a controlling share in the floundering makers. Enjoy your taxpayer-subsidized steaming pile of Volt, everybody!
- Obamacare: A partisan social program that a majority of citizens do not want yet, through illegal bribes, lies and arm-twisting, socialized medicine was passed. The true costs of the program, if not reversed, will cripple our country and destroy the best medical system in the world.
- Oil Drilling: Ignoring a federal judge ruling that stated the policy was illegal, the obama regime shut down oil drilling in the Gulf and drove the oil platforms to other parts of the world. Under the guise of environmental protection, oil exploration by American companies was crippled. If guarding the planet was the intent however, why did the government under obama’s direction then loan billions to Brazil, Mexico and other nations to drill in the EXACT SAME waters? [Answer: It is another way to hamstring “evil” America and spread our wealth to less-productive nations.] This is in addition to the illegal extortion of $20B from BP Oil following the oil spill disaster.
- Through obama’s directives, the EPA has illegally set arbitrary carbon emission standards that will further cripple American industry.
- Political offices and appointments being awarded to financial backers of obama is in such an uncharted realm it should boggle one’s mind.
- If the man sitting in the Oval Office does not matter, how has obama managed to increase the national debt in just three years by over 50%?
- obama phones, anybody? obama unilaterally wiped away the work requirements section of the Welfare Reform laws devised under President Clinton, allowing individuals to not even have to pretend to work to steal taxpayer money.
- obama, in direct opposition to his Oath of Office, acted for a time as UN Security Council Chair.
- Our current President, who some feel is just the same as all the others, has used his influence to support the Occupy Wall Street crowd in their un-American activities. Far worse, he ignored the Green Party (not the nutbag environmental wackjobs but the Democracy movement in Iran) as they were rounded up but has continually supported the Muslim Brotherhood uprisings throughout the Middle East, even sending in U.S. troops to help overthrow one dictator so another (far more vile and insane) ruler with obama’s approval could take control.
- A few months ago, to add more Democrat voters to the rolls/useless individuals to the welfare system, obama simply decided to enact much of the DREAM Act amnesty for illegal aliens. Although Congress had rejected the freebie to these criminals three times, obama simply moved to enact the measures.
- This is a man who is on record as fighting to have babies who survived abortions die.
- He is also the individual who attacked the Church and forced them to provide contraception against their will.
- obama and his people are currently fighting to disenfranchise our voting service men and women while he also roadblocks simple laws to fight voter fraud (thus allowing the old Democrat voter fraud tricks to continue. JFK beats Nixon anybody?)
- obama is currently attempting to circumvent the Second Amendment by negotiating a an agreement to have the U.S. abide by the UN’s Small Arms Treaty.
- While all other Presidents had the facts of their formative years in the public record, obama has hidden his entire history, regardless of the questions and anomalies. This is a President with no public record of his beliefs, stances or grades. An explanation of how he attended an all-Muslim school in Indonesia and the most expensive schools in America, and why his Social Security number should belong to a man born in Connecticut in the late 1800s has ever been given.
- obama has soured relations with some of our historically close allies. The list is too lengthy to attempt but a sample here. Remember the return of the Churchill bust? Or the time when obama gave British Trident missile codes to Russia. As for Israel, the President’s obvious loathing for the Jewish people has been made evident continually. Throw in Poland, Ukraine, the Czech Republic and a host of others.
- Our current “President” redirected NASA’s aim from space exploration to Muslim outreach….really.
- obama has made a shambles of the U.S. war effort. More men in uniform have died in his three-plus years in office than in Bush’s eight. His appeasement, lies and ineptitude have reduced our safety in the world, lessened our influence (thus giving rise to the expanding evils in Russia, the Middle East, China and elsewhere), and led to the deaths of our people around the world. Look at the lies and cover-up as Islamic flags were raised over our embassies and our diplomat’s dead body was paraded in the street.
- Solyndra and other wasteful fantasies resulted in hard earned money being stolen from the American people and presented to companies owned (and poorly run) by obama supporters and donors. This is while obama has single-handedly shut down job-making opportunities that would make the country more energy independent like the Keystone Pipeline and almost the entire coal industry.
- obama decided on his own that his Justice Department will no longer enforce the Defense of Marriage Act.
- If one is judged by the company he keeps, obama is certainly the most corrupt individual since Woodrow Wilson to hold the highest office:
- Eric Holder: Attorney General and controlling interest in the Fast & Furious scandal. Holder may as well have killed our border agent himself and obama invoked Executive Privilege to protect him. obama also instructed Holder to ignore immigration laws and not pursue illegal aliens in this country. Additionally, obama had Holder allow illegal voter suppression by the New Black Panther Party.
- The obama Administration reportedly has over three dozen tax cheats in the White House, most notably Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury!
- Tony Rezko: Slumload fundraiser and friend to obama who is now serving time for corruption. He is also the guy that sold obama the land for his house in a shady Chicago real estate deal.
- Bill Ayers: Unrepentant terrorist and obama friend and supporter (and potentially the ghost author of obama’s early books and, according to sources, the son of the man who paid to put obama through school).
- Dozens of obama fundraisers and bundlers are currently being investigated or serving time for corruption.
- “Reverend” Jeremiah Wright: 20+ years obama’s mentor, Wright is the preacher of the abominations of social justice, collective salvation and black liberation theology. Also, “God D*mn America” N’uff said.
- The list goes on and on. Contemptible individuals like Valerie Jarrett, Van Jones, David Axelrod, Robert Gibbs, Rahm Emanuel, Rod Blagojevich and others show that obama allowed the sewer-dwellers of society into the hallowed corridors of the White House.
Still think that the individual in the Oval Office is inconsequential? This is not a Democrat Vs Republican thing. I can debate Bush against Clinton any day. Bush spent too much on “compassionate” and forgot Conservative but he kept us safe. Clinton was a traditional misguided liberal who, after the midterm elections, co-opted the Republican economic ideas and was then termed a success. Good and bad in all. The problem is we now have a person in office that is systematically working to remake America into a shadow of her former self. If the press actually reported the news instead supporting their candidate, if people realized that Jon Stewart is an ignorant comedian, if people would learn that the government is not there to provide equal outcomes, we might actually reclaim this nation. Until then, unenlightened people will support the “straight ticket”, skip voting altogether, vote for some fringe nutty candidate and thus throw away their vote or, worst of all, vote to reelect the most frightening and anti-American man to ever hold the office. Still think your vote does not count?
Please check out my Conservative Consumerism and my Facebook page Conservatism by Chris Gadsden so you can be notified when new articles post.
As the sixth-great grandson of American patriot and Revolutionary War hero Christopher Gadsden, I feel it is my duty to speak fondly of America’s greatness and stand ready to defend her against all adversaries. Sadly, I must rail against the vileness and evil of the leftists, progressives, Marxist, socialists and idiots in general now threatening to destroy our great nation. If you support this aim, please spread the word.
posted at 9:33 am on September 12, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly Last night, the media reported that the US had accepted an offer of direct talks with Iran for the first time without preconditions. The timing could not have been worse, since people across America had spent the day commemorating the deaths of 3,000 of their countrymen at the hands of the kind of radical Islamists that run Iran. Was the administration hoping to bury this in a Friday-afternoon document dump?
The United States has decided to ignore Iran’s refusal to discuss its nuclear program and instead accept a vague Iranian plan for talks on security issues as the opening gambit to draw Tehran into real negotiation.
The effort to “test” Iran’s intentions, announced on Friday, came after Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said his country is skeptical of the need for new sanctions on Iran, giving the Americans little choice but to treat seriously Iran’s latest offer.
Iran this week ruled out talks on its program, instead offering a five-page plan that it said would lay the groundwork for peace and stability in the region. The document, first posted Thursday on the Web site of ProPublica news service, made no reference to international demands that Iran suspend its efforts to enrich uranium, but did mention ending proliferation in nuclear weapons as well as a broad offer of dialogue.
Iran’s plan was disappointing but not surprising to U.S. officials, who nonetheless decided to take at face value the offer of a dialogue. Iran has insisted that the intent of its program is peaceful, but enriching uranium can be an element in building a nuclear weapon — though Tehran has not yet demonstrated it can enrich to a weapons-grade level.
This was a strange way to roll out the talks. Obama campaigned on offering this kind of direct diplomacy to Iran, so it’s not exactly a surprise to see this kind of strategy from the administration. One might have thought that the White House would hail this as a breakthrough, but on some other day than the eighth anniversary of 9/11. The late release of the agreement doesn’t help in that regard, either; it makes them look as though they know they have something to hide, rather than something to trumpet.
Aside from the remarkably tone-deaf timing, though, it’s not a surprise at all. Obama has three basic choices for policy change when it comes to Iran: go to war, increase the sanctions to attempt to change their behavior, or open direct negotiations. None of these are completely mutually exclusive, for that matter. Obama simply will not take the first option — no one can seriously think that Obama would declare war on anyone absent a military attack on the US — and Russia pulled the rug out from underneath the second option. China wouldn’t have supported more sanctions either. That meant either the status quo or an offer for direct talks.
Interestingly, this morning the Iranians offered a little give in their public position:
Iran’s foreign minister said Saturday that talks with world powers on his country’s nuclear program were a “possibility” — an apparent step up from Tehran’s offer this week to discuss only “global challenges” with the West.
Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said he welcomed talks with the U.S. and its partners, adding that “should conditions be ripe, there is a possibility of talks about the nuclear issue.”
The remarks came on the heel’s of a decision by the United States and partner nations to accept Iran’s proposal for talks — even though Tehran had said the nuclear issue was not on the table — and indicated Iran’s eagerness for a direct dialogue.
That’s much more give than the Iranians have ever publicly offered. Do they really want to put their nuclear program on the table? Of course not. The Iranians understand that this concession by Obama and other UNSC nations will not be popular in the West, especially in the US. They want to give Obama and other leaders a piece of paper they can wave in the air while promising “peace in our time,” in order to give them enough political cover to continue.
At this point, though, there doesn’t seem to be much opportunity for success through policy change. Obama won’t go to war, and in any event a war against Iran would be a very ill-advised affair; Iran is not Iraq or Afghanistan, except in the worst possible ways for terrain and fanaticism. The rest of the world won’t tighten sanctions enough to change Iran’s course. Talks will be fruitless and will likely lull the West while Iran completes its bomb and tightens its oppression, plus it has the effect of endorsing the regime that just rigged an election and triggered a promising uprising among the Iranian people. In this case, the status quo was the better option.
The victory for Barack Obama and the Democratic Party on Tuesday is the death of the pro-life movement as we know it. The pro-life movement has sought to reverse abortion through legislative action and the courts, and made tremendous gains throughout eight years of George W. Bush, just enough to place the nation at a turning point. Unfortunately, it failed to turn the corner, to the close deal, on November 4, 2008, in large part because of the remarkable unpopularity of President Bush. This terrifically pro-life president will now see his pro-life legacy vanish very quickly.
The nation now faces the once unthinkable approval of the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), which Barack Obama says will be the “first thing” he signs as president. FOCA will nationalize abortion, superseding and overturning abortion restrictions in every state. In the words of NARAL Pro-Choice America, the act would “codify Roe v. Wade into law and guarantee a woman’s right to choose in all 50 states.” Or, as the National Organization for Women excitedly proclaims, FOCA would “sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws [and] policies.” In one stroke, this bill, introduced in Congress in April 2007—and co-sponsored by Obama—will wipe out all the fully bipartisan abortion restrictions passed by Democratic and Republican legislatures over the past 35 years.
Obama made that promise in a July 17, 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood, a group that he calls a “safety-net provider.” As Obama made clear in that speech, he views abortion-delivery services as basic government services—services in support of a woman’s “fundamental right” to an abortion. With the huge majority he will enjoy from an overwhelmingly Democratic Congress, President Obama will get what he wants.
Obama’s defenders tried to explain away his votes in Illinois rejecting medical care for newborns who survive abortions. With FOCA, that shouldn’t matter, since it eliminates state restrictions regardless.
President Obama will also likely secure taxpayer funding of abortion, government-provided abortion for women in the military, American money to international abortion groups like the UNFPA, federal funding of embryonic research, repeal of the Hyde Amendment, and much more.
In essence, we’re looking at the strong possibility of unrestricted, taxpayer-funded abortion through the entirety of a mother’s pregnancy. There will be no Republican legislative body that can check this. Such change promised by Obama is unprecedented in presidential history.
All of that will happen before President Obama even begins appointing pro-choice judges. If I may hazard a prediction, I believe Obama will have not only four years to mold the courts but eight years. He’s the first Democrat since LBJ to win over 50 percent of the vote. Not even Bill Clinton did that. Add in the fact that an astoundingly sympathetic media will protect him, that the economy will fully recover by 2012, that Iraq will not be a liability for him, and you have a two-term presidency in the making.
And yet, November 4 was devastating for the pro-life movement beyond the election of Barack Obama. As a brief summary of what happened around the country that day, here’s a cut-and-paste of the headlines distributed the morning after by the pro-life source LifeNews.com:
- Obama Captures Win Over John McCain, Expected to Promote Abortions
- Washington Becomes Second State to Legalize Assisted Suicide in Vote
- Michigan Voters Approve Proposition 2 to Destroy Human Embryos
- California Very Narrowly Opposes Third Try for Parental Notification
- South Dakota Voters Defeat Second Ballot Measure to Ban Abortions
- Colorado Voters Soundly Defeat Personhood Ballot Measure on Abortion
That says it all. The pro-life movement was battered on Tuesday. The “Culture of Life” was bludgeoned.
This means that the pro-life movement will need to rely not on changing laws—though pro-lifers should still try to do that when they can—but on changing hearts and minds. The strategy has always been to do both, but, now, the latter will need to be the dominant priority.
Tragically, many scared young girls, who otherwise might be stopped from choosing an abortion through parental consent, waiting periods, or any number of additional guidelines, will not face the checks to prompt them to pause for second thought. There are thousands if not millions of post-abortive women in their 40s and 50s who will tell you that they wish to God that there had been some type of restriction that would have given them pause. Without those checks, they chose as they did, and many suffer greatly to this day. There seems little doubt that the abortion rate should rise steadily — after declining consistently in recent years.
This is so utterly dispiriting that many pro-lifers feel helpless. Many may toss in the towel: If this is what America wants, so be it….
But for those still willing to try to help young mothers and their unborn babies, the thrust must now focus on counseling, evangelization, education, on establishing crisis pregnancy centers, on making ultrasound technology more widely available, and generally on one-on-one efforts to convince pregnant girls that they have options.
With the results of November 4, there will likely be another 35 years of Roe v. Wade — plus much, much more. Pro-lifers need to regroup and think hard about how to try to ensure that the next 35 years of legalized abortion in America will not produce another 50 million aborted babies.
Paul Kengor is professor of political science and executive director of the Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College. He is author of “The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism” (HarperPerennial, 2007), and “The Judge: William P. Clark, Ronald Reagan’s Top Hand” (Ignatius Press, 2007). This column is printed with permission.
Opinions expressed in ‘Perspectives’ columns published by OneNewsNow.com are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of the staff or management of, or advertisers who support the American Family News Network, OneNewsNow.com, our parent organization or its other affiliates.