Archive for category Uncategorized
It’s funny how everyone wants to save the environment by using Green Energy, which is expensive and would take years to recoup the money spent to development, but they want to save the environment for future generations, but they don’t care that the future generation will be broke, won’t be able to afford any type of energy. We have the resources here in the United States, but our government is not allowing us to be energy independent, which would create jobs for American people. But the administration allows other countries, for example Brazil, to drill our oil and sell it back to us. How does this make sense? Their reason is because it isn’t environmentally safe, but I guess it’s safe if some else drills our oil and sell it back to us. WHY are we allowing this, WHY are people so ass backwards in their thought process?
I’m having a really hard time understanding how anyone in their right mind could possible think about voting for Obama again. I’ve been posting and liking so many links daily on facebook that I just don’t know if anyone is paying attention. This election year is the most important election in my lifetime and my children’s lifetime. I have never been so disgusted in the way things are and what the government is getting away with and people just don’t care or they are not paying attention. Not sure how they can’t pay attention because it’s right there to be found as long as you don’t listen or watch the MSM.
Another thing I just don’t get is that there is so much evidence out there of the wrongs that are being done and people being killed and NO ONE is holding them accountable. If it was someone other than this Administration they would be all over it. Why don’t the American people care, what happened to this country that we have become so blind to evil within our own borders.
So in case you miss these news stories, I’m going to post them and if you choose to ignore what is the truth, then…..I just don’t know what say….I guess it makes me sad that people don’t care enough about this country to take into consideration something other than what the MSM wants you to know. Do you really want to be a fool? Because that is what they are hoping, that people won’t listen to the truth and they can destroy what this country was founded on.
My prayers are that this blog will help make a decision that will save this country.
May God Bless America!
posted at 9:33 am on September 12, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly Last night, the media reported that the US had accepted an offer of direct talks with Iran for the first time without preconditions. The timing could not have been worse, since people across America had spent the day commemorating the deaths of 3,000 of their countrymen at the hands of the kind of radical Islamists that run Iran. Was the administration hoping to bury this in a Friday-afternoon document dump?
The United States has decided to ignore Iran’s refusal to discuss its nuclear program and instead accept a vague Iranian plan for talks on security issues as the opening gambit to draw Tehran into real negotiation.
The effort to “test” Iran’s intentions, announced on Friday, came after Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said his country is skeptical of the need for new sanctions on Iran, giving the Americans little choice but to treat seriously Iran’s latest offer.
Iran this week ruled out talks on its program, instead offering a five-page plan that it said would lay the groundwork for peace and stability in the region. The document, first posted Thursday on the Web site of ProPublica news service, made no reference to international demands that Iran suspend its efforts to enrich uranium, but did mention ending proliferation in nuclear weapons as well as a broad offer of dialogue.
Iran’s plan was disappointing but not surprising to U.S. officials, who nonetheless decided to take at face value the offer of a dialogue. Iran has insisted that the intent of its program is peaceful, but enriching uranium can be an element in building a nuclear weapon — though Tehran has not yet demonstrated it can enrich to a weapons-grade level.
This was a strange way to roll out the talks. Obama campaigned on offering this kind of direct diplomacy to Iran, so it’s not exactly a surprise to see this kind of strategy from the administration. One might have thought that the White House would hail this as a breakthrough, but on some other day than the eighth anniversary of 9/11. The late release of the agreement doesn’t help in that regard, either; it makes them look as though they know they have something to hide, rather than something to trumpet.
Aside from the remarkably tone-deaf timing, though, it’s not a surprise at all. Obama has three basic choices for policy change when it comes to Iran: go to war, increase the sanctions to attempt to change their behavior, or open direct negotiations. None of these are completely mutually exclusive, for that matter. Obama simply will not take the first option — no one can seriously think that Obama would declare war on anyone absent a military attack on the US — and Russia pulled the rug out from underneath the second option. China wouldn’t have supported more sanctions either. That meant either the status quo or an offer for direct talks.
Interestingly, this morning the Iranians offered a little give in their public position:
Iran’s foreign minister said Saturday that talks with world powers on his country’s nuclear program were a “possibility” — an apparent step up from Tehran’s offer this week to discuss only “global challenges” with the West.
Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said he welcomed talks with the U.S. and its partners, adding that “should conditions be ripe, there is a possibility of talks about the nuclear issue.”
The remarks came on the heel’s of a decision by the United States and partner nations to accept Iran’s proposal for talks — even though Tehran had said the nuclear issue was not on the table — and indicated Iran’s eagerness for a direct dialogue.
That’s much more give than the Iranians have ever publicly offered. Do they really want to put their nuclear program on the table? Of course not. The Iranians understand that this concession by Obama and other UNSC nations will not be popular in the West, especially in the US. They want to give Obama and other leaders a piece of paper they can wave in the air while promising “peace in our time,” in order to give them enough political cover to continue.
At this point, though, there doesn’t seem to be much opportunity for success through policy change. Obama won’t go to war, and in any event a war against Iran would be a very ill-advised affair; Iran is not Iraq or Afghanistan, except in the worst possible ways for terrain and fanaticism. The rest of the world won’t tighten sanctions enough to change Iran’s course. Talks will be fruitless and will likely lull the West while Iran completes its bomb and tightens its oppression, plus it has the effect of endorsing the regime that just rigged an election and triggered a promising uprising among the Iranian people. In this case, the status quo was the better option.
1. Offended the Queen of England.
2. Bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
3. Praised th e Marxist Daniel Ortega.
4. Kissed Socialist Hugo Chavez on the cheek.
5. Endorsed the Socialist Evo Morales of Bolivia.
6. Sided with Hugo Chavez and Communist Fidel Castro against Honduras.
7. Announced we would meet with Iranians with no pre-conditions while they’re building their nuclear weapons.
8. Gave away billions to AIG also without pre-conditions.
9. Expanded the bailouts.
10. Insulted everyone who has ever loved a Special Olympian.
11. Doubled our national debt..
12. Announced the termination of our new missile defense system the day after North Korea launched an ICBM.
13. Released information on U..S. intelligence gathering despite urgings of his own CIA director and the prior four CIA directors.
14. Accepted without comment that five of his cabinet members cheated on their taxes and two other nominees withdrew after they couldn’t take the heat.
15. Appointed a Homeland Security Chief who identified military veterans and
abortion opponents as “dangers to the nation.”
16. Ordered that the word “terrorism” no longer be used and instead
refers to such acts as “man made disasters.”
17. Circled the globe to publicly apologize for America’s world leadership.
18. Told the Mexican president that the violence in their country was because of us.
19. Politicized the census by moving it into the White House from the Department of Commerce.
20. Appointed as Attorney General the man who orchestrated the forced removal and expulsion to Cuba of a 9-year-old whose mother died trying to bring him to freedom in the United States.
21. Salutes as heroes three Navy SEALS who took down three terrorists who threatened one American life and the next day announces members of the Bush administration may stand trial for “torturing” three 9/11
terrorists by pouring water up their noses.
22. Low altitude photo shoot of Air Force One over New York City that frightened thousands of New Yorkers.
23. Sent his National Defense Advisor to Europe to assure them that the US will no longer treat Israel in a special manner and they might be on their own with the Muslims.
24. Praised Jimmy Carter’s trip to Gaza where he sided with terrorist Hamas against Israel.
25. Nationalized General Motors and Chrysler while turning shareholder control over to the unions and freezing out retired investors who owned their bonds. Committed unlimited taxpayer billions in the process.
26. Passed a huge energy tax in the House that will make American industry even less competitive while costing homeowners thousands per year.
27. Announced nationalized health care “reform” that will strip seniors of their Medicare, cut pay of physicians, increase taxes yet another $1 trillion, and put everyone on rationed care with
government bureaucrats deciding who gets care and who doesn’t.
Bloomberg: Daschle says, “Health care reform will not be pain free.
Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age
instead of treating them,” while former Colorado Governor Dick Lamm
says seniors have “a duty to die.”
If this does not sufficiently raise your ire, just remember that the
President, Senators and Congressmen have their own special gold plated
health care plan which is guaranteed the remainder of their lives and
they are not subject to this new law if they pass
Please use the power of the Internet to get this message out. Talk it
up at the grassroots level. We have an election coming up in one year
and four months where we can reverse the dangerous direction of the
Obama administration and its allies..
If you disagree, don’t do anything. After all, that’s what the Obama
administration and its allies are counting on……….